Skip to main content

Evaluation Question 3: How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

Below is the link to my YouTube video:


https://youtu.be/LEd999qH6-s 


Transcript:

Hello. My name is Kelly Lopez, and I will be answering compulsory question 3. The question is “How did your production skills develop throughout this project?” Personally, when this class began, I had no previous experience with photography or editing or design. Through the preliminary tasks, I was able to get a better idea of each step that will later on be essential to creating my magazine. I was able to know the sections that I was struggling the most with and that was the design layout. I struggled to create the layout because I was just overwhelmed with the endless possibilities to choose from, so over time, I learned to experiment with every feature that I liked and to see how the final product looked after I tried to experiment with it. And I tried to see how it would look and position wherever I was just thinking of. I - I learned about the importance of positioning different conventions throughout pages in order to enhance every feature of the magazine correctly. So, for example, for my cover page I contrasted the background with the font colors of my masthead and the - the colors of my captions. They are - there was a color scheme throughout my magazine, so I also learned more about editing and what the saturation of my pictures was and the difference that changing the contrast would mean. And in addition, I also saw during the photo shoot with my model - I learned more about the different angles - sorry - about the different angles of photography and the types of messages that just a slightly different angle can portray to the audience. I learned to explore my camera settings more, so I learned how to focus better. And - I - since I used my iPhone camera, I saw the difference between the normal mode and the portrait mode and how much more professional it could look with portrait mode. I also had to learn how to work with the natural lighting outside and how to work with it to my benefit in order to capture the best pictures possible and achieve my goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evaluation Question 2: How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

Below is the link to my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/dAr20ELi2bk Transcript Hello. My name is Kelly Lopez, and I will be answering compulsory question two. The question is “How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?” My product is focused on upcoming artists in the hip hop industry, specifically young women from underrepresented communities. So, a majority of the audience that takes interest in upcoming artists and the latest hip-hop hits tends to range from teenagers to young adults between ages 14 through 25 usually. Of course, people of all ages can read the magazine during their leisure time. I think the attention that my magazine gives to minorities and women in rap, in specific, will attract other women who intend to support the inclusivity promoted through my product. So, I think that also - there's you know older hip hop fans, and they tend to remain loyal to the hip hop artists from their time so I think that there

Genres

Today, I have researched various popular genres of magazines. Before magazines became mainstream, they were only accessible to higher classes because of how expensive they were. During this time, there were not many magazine genres to choose from; most genres were focused on literary and educational topics. When the cost of mass printing decreased, magazines became more affordable for working class as well. It was during this time that a larger variety of magazine genres became more popular.  Literary magazines were one of the main magazines that existed. They focus on the publication of various literary works. This type of magazine is more inclined towards educational purposes.  News  magazines are informational. They discuss important events that are occurring. Many news magazines have conformed to current times, so they are now online.   Science magazines are a popular type of magazine that are still commonly known. These tend to be less formal, but are also educational. They may

Evaluation Question 1: How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

 Below is the link to my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/dDTCcIevXUc   Transcript Hello. My name is Kelly Lopez, and I will be answering compulsory question 1. The question is "How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?" Throughout my magazine I incorporated images such as the cover image on the cover page. I had mastheads, a barcode, subheadings, a tagline, an issue number, a date, columns, editor information, and even color schemes. I maintained the color scheme throughout the cover page, the contents page, and the double page spread. I kept my fonts the same for my cover page as opposed to using alternating ones throughout. I felt that this helped make my cover more aesthetically pleasing and more simplistic. I tried to ensure that any images featured were always the center of the attention in the design. In one way or another everything else on the page ensured that the readers stayed captivated and that they focu