Skip to main content

Questionnaire Evaluation

 Last week, I recorded my questionnaire results. Today, I will be analyzing them to determine the next steps I will take to create my magazine.

The demographics questions I asked showed me that most of the responses came from females between 17 to 18. I received responses from Black, white, Asian, and Hispanic students. I must create my magazine in a way that is appealing and welcoming to all races and ethnicities.

The majority of the students voted that they do not feel their racial group is underrepresented in hip-hop magazines, but some students still voted otherwise. Most of the students who voiced this opinion were white Hispanics and one of them was Black. 

Most of the voters said that I should use a color scheme with neutral colors for my magazine. This is one of the most helpful aspects of the questionnaire for me because I have been unable to decide on a color scheme. 

In addition, the top two categories that my audience voted to see are artists' insights on unreleased music followed by artist interviews. This is proof that it is important to maintain engagement from the artists my magazine features in order to keep my audience attracted and motivated to read. Most also voted that my magazine should focus on groups of various artists, as opposed to focusing on only one. 

Regarding my magazine's cover, a large majority voted that the magazine cover features a Black female hip-hop artist. 50% voted that it should be a medium shot of my artist, though 25% voted for a medium close-up and the other 25% voted for a long shot. I may experiment with all different shots and decide what looks best for my cover.

I am glad I conducted this survey, as the results have been very helpful for me. It has helped solidify my plan for my magazine. I look forward to continuing to share the process. 



Source:

https://www.canva.com/photos/MAD0DsMRF9Y-photo-of-ipad-on-top-of-wooden-table/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conventions

To learn more about the designing process of a magazine, I have done research on magazine conventions. They are features that compose a magazine (both the cover and the articles). Given that the front cover is what must appeal to people in order to get their attention, those are the conventions I will discuss in this post. Masthead: magazine's title which will usually be the larger text; the masthead is usually the first thing readers notice Tagline:  gives an idea of what the magazine focuses on Cover line: mention what is inside the magazine (may include attention grabbing names/topics that will attract audiences) Central image: a large image on the cover to appeal to people Cover model: person or people (usually in the central image) that will be included in the magazine Color scheme: the combination of different colors used in the magazine (including the font type/color) Barcode: placed in a spot where it does not take attention away from the other conventions (usually in one o...

Final Cover Page

 

Feature Story Draft

  “They would always look at each other with raised eyebrows before asking me, “YOU rap?”,” recalls Naijah Lynes. She grew up hearing scoffs and mocking jokes from people who doubted her as a young woman with aspirations of becoming a rapper. She “was used to always being the outlier, the only girl in a group of boys freestyling.” In the beginning of her aspirations, she would feel upset that her long hours of rapping in her room would be discredited by other people, simply because of her gender. “There need to be more female rappers for young girls like myself to look up to and feel encouraged,” Naijah claimed. “I hope to be that rapper for someone one day.”  She did not grow up seeing a lot of female rappers besides Nicki Minaj, Lil Kim, and Remy Ma. Lynes’ inspiration did not come from seeing rappers, as she started listening to them once she fell in love with rapping. “One day my friends were freestyling in the cafeteria during lunch. When it was my turn, it came to me nat...