Skip to main content

Final Double Page Spread

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparing Music Magazine House Styles

Since I plan on creating a magazine dedicated to music, today I will comparing a few music magazine covers and their house styles. I want to take note on any similar patterns that I may notice in different brands. This type of research is essential because I want to create something original, but also appeal to my audience effectively.  First, I did research on the Billboard magazine. I noticed their masthead is a thick, bolded, and rounded font with all lowercase letters. Also, there is not a definite color for the masthead, as it changes for every issue. In late 2019, their magazine issues had a vertical masthead, but they have now changed it to appear horizontally (like most magazines). Despite this change, most of their magazine covers tend to direct all of their focus towards the cover image.                                                 Next, I looked into the BBC Music Magazine cover. Similar to Billboard magazine, their masthead is in all lowercase letters. However, their fon

Cover Page Draft Feedback

 I have drafted my magazine's cover page, and I am liking the overall look of it. I think I will be playing around with the font colors I use in order to improve its aesthetics and make it more visually appealing. Below are the two background photos I have not decided between. I think the picture I used for my draft is a better option, but I will look at the contrast between the colors and picture backgrounds. Also, I used unedited versions of the photos for my draft to keep a more natural look on the magazine. I will experiment with small edits to the lighting and contrast to see if they can make better contrasts with the font colors I currently have.

Color Schemes

Today I will compare several magazine covers' color schemes to continue brainstorming for my own. The color palette will be under each cover picture. My favorite color schemes are those from the first two magazine covers. The first one has more pastel and almost neutral colors that my classmates suggested. I think it would be a good look, but with one bright color to stand out. I like the pastel colors in the second cover because there are light and dark colors to contrast each other, making it more visually appealing.