Skip to main content

Final Cover Page

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evaluation Question 2: How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

Below is the link to my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/dAr20ELi2bk Transcript Hello. My name is Kelly Lopez, and I will be answering compulsory question two. The question is “How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?” My product is focused on upcoming artists in the hip hop industry, specifically young women from underrepresented communities. So, a majority of the audience that takes interest in upcoming artists and the latest hip-hop hits tends to range from teenagers to young adults between ages 14 through 25 usually. Of course, people of all ages can read the magazine during their leisure time. I think the attention that my magazine gives to minorities and women in rap, in specific, will attract other women who intend to support the inclusivity promoted through my product. So, I think that also - there's you know older hip hop fans, and they tend to remain loyal to the hip hop artists from their time so I think that there

Evaluation Question 1: How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

 Below is the link to my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/dDTCcIevXUc   Transcript Hello. My name is Kelly Lopez, and I will be answering compulsory question 1. The question is "How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?" Throughout my magazine I incorporated images such as the cover image on the cover page. I had mastheads, a barcode, subheadings, a tagline, an issue number, a date, columns, editor information, and even color schemes. I maintained the color scheme throughout the cover page, the contents page, and the double page spread. I kept my fonts the same for my cover page as opposed to using alternating ones throughout. I felt that this helped make my cover more aesthetically pleasing and more simplistic. I tried to ensure that any images featured were always the center of the attention in the design. In one way or another everything else on the page ensured that the readers stayed captivated and that they focu

Comparing Music Magazine House Styles

Since I plan on creating a magazine dedicated to music, today I will comparing a few music magazine covers and their house styles. I want to take note on any similar patterns that I may notice in different brands. This type of research is essential because I want to create something original, but also appeal to my audience effectively.  First, I did research on the Billboard magazine. I noticed their masthead is a thick, bolded, and rounded font with all lowercase letters. Also, there is not a definite color for the masthead, as it changes for every issue. In late 2019, their magazine issues had a vertical masthead, but they have now changed it to appear horizontally (like most magazines). Despite this change, most of their magazine covers tend to direct all of their focus towards the cover image.                                                 Next, I looked into the BBC Music Magazine cover. Similar to Billboard magazine, their masthead is in all lowercase letters. However, their fon