Skip to main content

Questionnaire Planning

In order to create a magazine that appeals to my audience, I have to gather their thoughts and opinions. I will be creating a questionnaire and sharing it with my classmates. My goal is to learn more about my audience's magazine preferences. Such insight will assist me in my brainstorming process. 

Demographics

I want my questionnaire to include questions about my audience's demographics to learn more about the people that will be reading my magazine. I plan on including a few questions about their age, gender, and/or race and ethnicity.

Hip-hop magazine insight

I want to learn more about my audience's aesthetic preferences for hip-hop magazines. I plan on using the results to determine my magazine's final look. The results will also be my inspiration for my magazine's layout, color schemes, and content.




Source:
https://www.canva.com/photos/MADGyIX4g7I-charts-on-black-wooden-table/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conventions

To learn more about the designing process of a magazine, I have done research on magazine conventions. They are features that compose a magazine (both the cover and the articles). Given that the front cover is what must appeal to people in order to get their attention, those are the conventions I will discuss in this post. Masthead: magazine's title which will usually be the larger text; the masthead is usually the first thing readers notice Tagline:  gives an idea of what the magazine focuses on Cover line: mention what is inside the magazine (may include attention grabbing names/topics that will attract audiences) Central image: a large image on the cover to appeal to people Cover model: person or people (usually in the central image) that will be included in the magazine Color scheme: the combination of different colors used in the magazine (including the font type/color) Barcode: placed in a spot where it does not take attention away from the other conventions (usually in one o...

Final Cover Page

 

Feature Story Draft

  “They would always look at each other with raised eyebrows before asking me, “YOU rap?”,” recalls Naijah Lynes. She grew up hearing scoffs and mocking jokes from people who doubted her as a young woman with aspirations of becoming a rapper. She “was used to always being the outlier, the only girl in a group of boys freestyling.” In the beginning of her aspirations, she would feel upset that her long hours of rapping in her room would be discredited by other people, simply because of her gender. “There need to be more female rappers for young girls like myself to look up to and feel encouraged,” Naijah claimed. “I hope to be that rapper for someone one day.”  She did not grow up seeing a lot of female rappers besides Nicki Minaj, Lil Kim, and Remy Ma. Lynes’ inspiration did not come from seeing rappers, as she started listening to them once she fell in love with rapping. “One day my friends were freestyling in the cafeteria during lunch. When it was my turn, it came to me nat...