Skip to main content

Evaluation Question 4: How did you integrate technologies - software, hardware, and online - in this project?

Below is the link to my YouTube video:



Transcript: 

Hello, my name is Kelly Lopez, and I will be answering compulsory question 4. The question is “How did you integrate technologies-software, hardware, and online-in this project?" So, I integrated technology in every aspect of my project. I used my iPhone 11 Pro Max to take the pictures for my photoshoots. I learned to play around with the different camera modes and the settings, and one of them was portrait mode. This definitely helped my photos look way more professional than just the regular iPhone camera. On the regular mode – the portrait mode really emphasizes the subject that you’re taking a picture of and it blurs out the background and makes it look more neat. So, I also used my MacBook Air to open up the pictures and to edit them easily as well. As far as software, I used various applications on both my iPhone and on my MacBook; some of them were PicsArt, Colourtone, and the Canva photo editor. Through these applications, I was able to fix the colors, the contrasts, and even the lighting settings of my pictures in order to achieve the specific look I was aiming for. So, each application provided me with new tools to tweak my pictures better and to perfect them until I considered them to be exactly what I was looking for and to leave the perfect cover photo. So, as far as online, I used Blogger to document my process as I created my magazine. So, on Blogger I posted my research, I posted moodboards, and brainstorming, and drafts of every single page of my magazine. So, drafts of my double-page spread of my contents page and my cover page. I also posted updates on Blogspot as my project progressed and as I made more advancements. So, when I used Canva to make the edits and to look at different types of magazines that some people had already made just to see the different conventions and learn more about them. I used the online version of it. So, all throughout my project, technology was the only way that the whole project was possible, and I used it in every single detail of my four-page magazine. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conventions

To learn more about the designing process of a magazine, I have done research on magazine conventions. They are features that compose a magazine (both the cover and the articles). Given that the front cover is what must appeal to people in order to get their attention, those are the conventions I will discuss in this post. Masthead: magazine's title which will usually be the larger text; the masthead is usually the first thing readers notice Tagline:  gives an idea of what the magazine focuses on Cover line: mention what is inside the magazine (may include attention grabbing names/topics that will attract audiences) Central image: a large image on the cover to appeal to people Cover model: person or people (usually in the central image) that will be included in the magazine Color scheme: the combination of different colors used in the magazine (including the font type/color) Barcode: placed in a spot where it does not take attention away from the other conventions (usually in one o...

Final Cover Page

 

Feature Story Draft

  “They would always look at each other with raised eyebrows before asking me, “YOU rap?”,” recalls Naijah Lynes. She grew up hearing scoffs and mocking jokes from people who doubted her as a young woman with aspirations of becoming a rapper. She “was used to always being the outlier, the only girl in a group of boys freestyling.” In the beginning of her aspirations, she would feel upset that her long hours of rapping in her room would be discredited by other people, simply because of her gender. “There need to be more female rappers for young girls like myself to look up to and feel encouraged,” Naijah claimed. “I hope to be that rapper for someone one day.”  She did not grow up seeing a lot of female rappers besides Nicki Minaj, Lil Kim, and Remy Ma. Lynes’ inspiration did not come from seeing rappers, as she started listening to them once she fell in love with rapping. “One day my friends were freestyling in the cafeteria during lunch. When it was my turn, it came to me nat...