Skip to main content

Evaluation Question 2: How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

Below is the link to my YouTube video:


https://youtu.be/dAr20ELi2bk


Transcript

Hello. My name is Kelly Lopez, and I will be answering compulsory question two. The question is “How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?” My product is focused on upcoming artists in the hip hop industry, specifically young women from underrepresented communities. So, a majority of the audience that takes interest in upcoming artists and the latest hip-hop hits tends to range from teenagers to young adults between ages 14 through 25 usually. Of course, people of all ages can read the magazine during their leisure time. I think the attention that my magazine gives to minorities and women in rap, in specific, will attract other women who intend to support the inclusivity promoted through my product. So, I think that also - there's you know older hip hop fans, and they tend to remain loyal to the hip hop artists from their time so I think that there may be less people from their demographic interested in my product, but it may still appeal to them since it is still about rap and it might be something that they will still take interest on. So, my cover page is designed in a way that's attention grabbing for regular audiences beyond hip-hop fanatics so it's not just for people who like hip hop. I think that the color scheme throughout and its aesthetics will expand the demographics that my product will captivate because it's just more than regular hip hop magazine. As a real media text, I would make my magazine accessible in print and online as well 'cause I think that would allow for a greater audience reach. I would have it available in bookstores, and local stores, and primary and secondary schools, universities, and gas stations for people to just be able to grab them. The online version would be available on the following platforms being Amazon, eBay, Barnes and Noble, and then the magazine website which would be www.voices.com and iBook as well. Given that the magazine will be available through many different platforms, I think that its distribution would be more convenient and practical.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conventions

To learn more about the designing process of a magazine, I have done research on magazine conventions. They are features that compose a magazine (both the cover and the articles). Given that the front cover is what must appeal to people in order to get their attention, those are the conventions I will discuss in this post. Masthead: magazine's title which will usually be the larger text; the masthead is usually the first thing readers notice Tagline:  gives an idea of what the magazine focuses on Cover line: mention what is inside the magazine (may include attention grabbing names/topics that will attract audiences) Central image: a large image on the cover to appeal to people Cover model: person or people (usually in the central image) that will be included in the magazine Color scheme: the combination of different colors used in the magazine (including the font type/color) Barcode: placed in a spot where it does not take attention away from the other conventions (usually in one o...

Final Cover Page

 

Feature Story Draft

  “They would always look at each other with raised eyebrows before asking me, “YOU rap?”,” recalls Naijah Lynes. She grew up hearing scoffs and mocking jokes from people who doubted her as a young woman with aspirations of becoming a rapper. She “was used to always being the outlier, the only girl in a group of boys freestyling.” In the beginning of her aspirations, she would feel upset that her long hours of rapping in her room would be discredited by other people, simply because of her gender. “There need to be more female rappers for young girls like myself to look up to and feel encouraged,” Naijah claimed. “I hope to be that rapper for someone one day.”  She did not grow up seeing a lot of female rappers besides Nicki Minaj, Lil Kim, and Remy Ma. Lynes’ inspiration did not come from seeing rappers, as she started listening to them once she fell in love with rapping. “One day my friends were freestyling in the cafeteria during lunch. When it was my turn, it came to me nat...